Welcome to my Bugeye project

Welcome to my latest project. I am building a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with a little twist. I'm putting in a 3.0 V-6 SHO engine.
Be sure to check back for updates on the progress and please leave a comment if you have any questions, feedback or advice for me.
Ben...

And......i'm stuck

Ok so the plan is the pull the engine this weekend. Up till now i've spent the past few evenings tinkering and getting stuff unhooked.

I've unplugged everything i can unplug. Pulled the radiator, unbolted the exhaust (not fun) got all the motor mounts free and now i'm stuck.

Everythings is free except the tork converter bolts that connect to the flywheel. supposedly there is some access panel in the transmission by which i can get access to and remove said bolts, but i cannot find it.


So here the car sits for today. I'm really tired after getting up early for the big REI sale this morning so I'm calling it a day.

the good news is my brother in law and uber-mechanic is coming down to spend the night and give me a hand tomorrow. I called him for help and he laughed at me trying to do it by myself without a lift. He of course owns a shop in Orange County with like 8 lifts and whatnot so he won't even change the oil in a car without a lift. I wouldn't either if i had a lift.

But that is where the project is thus far. Tomorrow we pull the engine with his help and hopefully tear it all down as well. I'm stoked to have his help at this stage. As he confirmed, this is a really hard engine to pull from that car. And i can confirm that, that is the truth.

Ben...

And if you are in the Orange County area and need a mechanic, i highly recommend Trevor. Check out his shop.

Sunrise Automotive
14044 Olive St
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 898-3100

0 comments: