Welcome to my Bugeye project

Welcome to my latest project. I am building a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with a little twist. I'm putting in a 3.0 V-6 SHO engine.
Be sure to check back for updates on the progress and please leave a comment if you have any questions, feedback or advice for me.
Ben...

fabricating exhaust manifold

One of the exhaust manifolds lined up perfecctly with where the exhaust will head out of the engine bay. The other one had too much of a curve in it and was heading into the frame of the car. So i took out that curve.

made essentially two cuts. one was to take off the bottom piece to flip it around. the other was to take out the angle.
Thanks to my neighbor who's son did the welding for me as i don't have an arc welder.
cleaned it up a bit.
and repainted it.
You can see the exhaust is more straight now. Lines up perfect now.

0 comments: