Welcome to my Bugeye project

Welcome to my latest project. I am building a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with a little twist. I'm putting in a 3.0 V-6 SHO engine.
Be sure to check back for updates on the progress and please leave a comment if you have any questions, feedback or advice for me.
Ben...

I got a steering wheel!

Don't you just love it when things work out?

The RX7 steering rack and column might just work out perfectly for this car. Cut a bunch more material away and did some fittings today. And wouldn't you know it all lines up perfectly....after a lot of cutting.

Here is the steering wheel in the car but first...how it got there
cut away the old mounts for the old suspension
more cutting

And then more cuttingfitting the rack. Would you look at how those mounts line up with the frame! Like it was planned!
So far the length of the column and the fittings line up perfectly.

had to cut a bit more out than i wanted to...
and a little more..

but thats it. I need to put the engine back in and make sure it clears everything, but it should (crosses fingers).

Also need to tweak the mounts a little on the rack and column, but its in place and looks like its a winner.

Making progress...

Ben


0 comments: