Welcome to my Bugeye project

Welcome to my latest project. I am building a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with a little twist. I'm putting in a 3.0 V-6 SHO engine.
Be sure to check back for updates on the progress and please leave a comment if you have any questions, feedback or advice for me.
Ben...

Got a rear end for the car

Got a piece of the puzzle and am continueing work on the car. I got a 9 inch Ford rear end, with Disc brakes, nice.


This one came out of an old Lincoln Verssaile and was found on Craigslist.


I spent several hours cutting and grinding the brackets off this thing so I can narrow the rear end to fit the Bugeye.

Lots of cutting and grinding, but nice to be working on the car.


And the brackets are gone and a little rust removed. I have more work to get it fully clean, but its a start. Now i need to narrow it to fit under the Bugeye and I'll have made some progress.

1 comments:

jeromehoward | March 24, 2008 at 9:26 PM

This is great!
For reasons that will become obvious to others here I have a much more than passing interest in your project so I'll be harassing you from time to time!
Good luck Ben
Steve