Welcome to my Bugeye project

Welcome to my latest project. I am building a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with a little twist. I'm putting in a 3.0 V-6 SHO engine.
Be sure to check back for updates on the progress and please leave a comment if you have any questions, feedback or advice for me.
Ben...

Seeing what i'm working with

So i finally took a day off and Chara was at the hospital all day so i could work on the car. the plan was to roll the car outside and strip it down without getting dust all over the garage (chara's not a big fan of that) But then the sky opened up and the wind blew and it was the worst weather ever. Weird since it was 80 and sunny two days ago.

Anyway, i got started stripping the car down and low and behold. i am finding all the fun stuff that bondo can hide. An inch of Bondo in places is a good thing right?
I made some progress. Working on getting the engine bay stripped down so when i get my engine i can get it fit in and start to modify what needs modifying.

And the first casualty of the job. My cheap ass chicago grinder bit the dust. Honestly i'm surprised it lasted this long. I went out and bought a new one (not Chicago brand).


0 comments: